There are times in life where you have to bring a plate and there are a bunch of people (myself included) with food allergies. A fruit plate with a dipping sauce is a great way to bring a healthy-ish dessert to the table, with minimal effort, that looks amazing, and can please most food allergies.
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Paleo (without the lollies)
- Vegan (without the marshmallows)
What you need
- A serving platter
- GF Marshmallows
- Strawberries / Blueberries
- Apricots (dried or fresh)
- Gluten free lollies (of your choosing)
- You could also use banana, cherries, kiwifruit.
- 300g Dairy free chocolate (dark)
- 1/2c of almond milk (or almond coconut blend)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- a few drops Vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- In a heat proof bowl, over a saucepan of water (make sure the water isn’t touching the bowl or it may get to hot) melt together the chocolate, almond milk, honey and oil.
- Stir until smooth and well combined, add the vanilla essence and pop into a serving bowl in the middle of your platter.
- Chop all of the fruit into bite sized chunks
- Arrange in blocks – so they look stunning visually.
What to do when you are not making this at home.
I like to rock up to my destination with everything chopped and ready to go, and my sauce mixture in a sealed container, then I can just borrow a pot and bowl to make the dipping sauce when its needed (it only takes a few minutes) and its warm and gooey for everyone to enjoy.